To help better explain what NSCA is, what we do, and what our members do, our board of directors took the time to document the significance of NSCA in the industry and to their own integration firms. Through a series of blog posts, we’ll reveal what they had to say. These statements were captured during a 2015 strategic planning session as we examined the industry and contemplated NSCA’s role as the voice, business resource, and trusted advisor for the channel and the systems integrator.
Next to share his expertise is NSCA Board Member Dave Ferlino, who is also regional operations manager at Whitlock Group.
I love how strategic this organization has become. Our leadership group spent countless hours identifying the specific needs of our members and how we can be the most relevant organization for systems integrators. From that, we transformed the association; today, we are best known for our business best practices and resources. We speak as the voice of the systems integrator, and we have become a trusted advisor to hundreds of integrators who reply on us. It’s a true privilege to be part of this.
I’ve seen firsthand the testimonials from members who have taken advantage of our brand promise, and the value they’ve seen is remarkable. In some cases, NSCA has been the difference in their company’s survival. In other cases, the growth and profitability has been directly linked to NSCA offering advice on how to solve a particular problem. To me, this is exactly what makes NSCA unique and why I love being so involved. -Dave Ferlino, NSCA Board Member, 2008 – Present
Check out what the following people had to say about the role of NSCA:
- NSCA Board President Michael Hester, Beacon Communications
- NSCA Board Member Mike Boettcher, Advanced AV
- NSCA Board Member Rob Simopoulos, Advance Technology
- NSCA Board Member Anne Sellers, Sensory Technologies
- NSCA Past President and Board Member Ingolf de Jong, General Communications
- NSCA Vice President and Board Member Ray Bailey, Lone Star Communications
- NSCA Board Member Josh Shanahan, SVT
- NSCA Board Member Paul Thomas, Northland Controls
- NSCA Board Member Ron Prier, RPAV