Thanks to all the sponsors and participants who made the 2023 Pivot to Profit golf outing one to remember ...
Pro golfer Payne Stewart said that a bad attitude is worse than a bad swing. While it’s always nice to shoot a birdie, an eagle, or a hole-in-one, how you carry yourself and react to stressful situations matter most. And the NSCA Education Foundation Industry Charity Golf Outing held at Pivot to Profit 2023 was a prime example of the positive attitude integrators have on and off the greens.
Because our pallet shipment didn’t arrive on time, a lot of things went wrong at this event on Oct. 2, 2023—but our participants didn’t let that get in the way of their mission to have fun and raise money. The signage that showed off our amazing sponsors wasn’t displayed. Some of our fun giveaways were lost. And we didn’t get to announce the winners of the golf outing because, amid all the chaos, we weren’t able to collect the information quickly enough.
Because we didn’t have the opportunity to recognize the event sponsors and participants onsite this year, we thought we’d do it here—on our blog.
Congratulations to This Year’s Pivot to Profit Golf Outing Winners!
- Longest Putt: JT Elliott, Toyota Financial Services
- Closest to the Pin, Hole 4: Jeff Richard, Lone Star Communications
- Closest to the Pin, Hole 8: Austin Figueroa, AVI-SPL
- Closest to the Pin, Hole 11: Mitchell Ford, alliantgroup
- Closest to the Pin, Hole 13: Robby Turner, AVI Systems
- Closest to the Pin, Hole 17: Tim Archambault, Solutions360
- Longest Drive, Hole 18: Justin Bailey, Lone Star Communications
This year's winning foursome includes:
- Randall Schwab, Microsoft
- Michael Yukna, Microsoft
- Austin Figueroa, AVI-SPL
- JT Elliott, Toyota Financial Services
The second-place foursome was a team from Lone Star Communications (this same team won first place at the 2023 Business & Leadership Conference golf event!):
- Justin Bailey, Lone Star Communications
- Jeff Richard, Lone Star Communications
- Michael Lee, Lone Star Communications
- Brad Brenek, Lone Star Communications
And, finally, the third-place award went to this foursome:
- Robby Turner, AVI Systems
- Pete Walsh, Lumen Technologies
- Brady Jolet, AVI Systems
- Steve Cambere, AVI Systems
We also have a full list of golf sponsors to thank. Without their ongoing support, this golf outing wouldn’t be possible:
- Axis Communications
- Bronswick Benjamin
- GreatAmerica Financial Services
- Legrand AV
- Lone Star Communications
- Sound Control Technologies
- The Farm AV
- Texadia Systems
- We Install IT
Our Next Golf Outing: 2024 Business & Leadership Conference
Our next golf outing will be held at the TPC Las Colinas in conjunction with the 2024 Business & Leadership Conference (BLC) in Irving, TX.
This will be yet another opportunity for the industry to spend time together and support NSCA Education Foundation initiatives—and maybe give the Lone Star Communications golf team a run for their money! (The second-place foursome at Pivot to Profit this year, made up of Lone Star Communications employees, was the first-place team at the last BLC!) Stay tuned for more details! To get signed up, contact Director of Operations Teresa Solorio.