Q: What percentage of NSCA members offer health care insurance to their employees and what is the average portion they cover?
A: The 2010 research shows that 95% of our members now offer their employees health insurance, which is up from 82% in 2007. The latest statistic we have on the employee contribution shows that the employer covers about 80% of the costs for the employee, leaving 20% for the employee portion. We didn’t track family coverage; that is just the employee. — CW