In the Q4 2021 issue of Integrate, Backman Vidcom President Laurie MacKeigan shared the four core values that her company lives by:
- Exceptional service
- Unwavering integrity
- Continuous improvement
- People, planet, profit
When a company is guided by the principles of its core values, then every action, situation, challenge, and difficult decision becomes so much easier to deal with.
Core values act as your moral and professional compass. If you don’t live by these core values, then you cannot live up to your brand promise.
Backman Vidcom offers this additional insight into the four core values they follow …
Core Value No. 1: Exceptional Service
We have a genuine desire to delight our customers in a way that’s above and beyond selling products or services. We strive to consider the cumulative experience our customers have when they engage with us. We want to know what they think and feel, and what we can do to make it better through:
- Exceeding customer expectations.
- Having a customer service mindset that allows us to apply the fundamentals of customer service to external and internal customers.
- Helping customers efficiently and in a friendly manner. It’s essential to be able to handle issues for customers and do our best to ensure that they’re satisfied. Providing good service is one of the most important things that can set our business apart from the others of its kind.
- Creating loyal customers for life: customers who are willing to refer the business to friends, family, and colleagues.
- Considering the cumulative experience our customers have when they visit our office or website: what they think and feel, and what we can do to make it better.
Core Value No. 2: Unwavering Integrity
Unwavering integrity is the hallmark of a person who demonstrates sound moral and ethical principles. We do the right thing in all circumstances—even if no one is watching. Integrity is the foundation on which we build relationships, trust, and effective interpersonal relationships. A person who has integrity lives his or her values in relationships with coworkers, customers, and stakeholders. Honesty and trust are central to integrity. It means that we treat each other with respect, and we never complain about our clients.
Core Value No. 3: Continuous Improvement
We’re dedicated to excellence and innovation in our work. We strive to continuously improve our products, services, and processes to meet and exceed customer needs through:
- Commitment to excellence and innovation in our work.
- Continuous improvement as an ongoing effort to improve products, services, and processes.
Core Value No. 4: People, Planet, Profit
The safety of our employees is of utmost importance to us. We value healthy work-life balance. We strive to provide employee compensation plans to best support their personal lives. We care about sustainability and our impact on the earth. We believe in triple bottom line management, and we need to make a fair profit and return on investment to support our efforts and continue to provide services in accordance with our core values.
To read more about Backman Vidcom’s core values and aligning culture and brand, read the Q4 2021 of Integrate here.