The NSCA Education Foundation is dedicated to furthering the education of students in the industry. The Foundation awards the Randy Vaughan Leadership Award to first-time attendees of NSCA’s Business & Leadership Conference. Randy Vaughan was integral in the creation of this event as well as several NSCA educational programs.
The NSCA Education Foundation is now accepting applications for the Randy Vaughan “Founder’s Award.” These awards, in honor of Vaughan’s commitment to the systems integration community, will be given to qualified applicants of systems integration companies interested in attending the Business & Leadership Conference (BLC) for the first time. The conference is attended by seasoned as well as up-and-coming industry managers, owners and executives.
Twenty (25) awards will be given for the BLC conference.
This honor represents the Foundation’s mission to provide ongoing training to current system integration professionals.
About Randy Vaughan and NSCA’s Business & Leadership Conference
Randy Vaughan was a charter member of NSCA, and served on the NSCA Board of Directors from 1997-2008, including a two-year term as president beginning in 2005. Additionally, he served as an instructor for NSCA University™ for more than 12 years, and was named its Educator of the Year in 2007. He also served as chairman of the NSCA Education Committee for a number of years. His greatest accomplishments for NSCA include the creation of several NSCA education programs including the Business & Leadership Conference, as well as his role as a subject matter expert and content developer for the industry.
NSCA’s Business & Leadership Conference is the only industry-specific business conference where owners, executives and managers of commercial electronic systems companies meet to discuss common obstacles, challenges and opportunities.
Thank you for applying for the Randy Vaughan Leadership Award through the NSCA Education Foundation. The NSCA Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization supporting educational initiatives focused on the future growth and stability of the commercial electronic systems industry. The goal of the NSCA Education Foundation is to ensure the future success of the commercial electronic systems industry by building the next generation of workers through continuing education and training.
- Currently employed by an industry-recognized commercial electronic systems integration company.
- Must be in a management or decision-making role within the company.
- Must be a first-time attendee to the Business & Leadership Conference.
- Must be recommended by the owner or president of the company, if not currently in that position.
- Must provide at least one letter of recommendation. If not the owner of company, two letters must be provided; one letter must be provided by current manager and the other from a colleague, co-worker or client. If owner of the company, only one letter is required and must be provided by a colleague, co-worker or client.
- The application must be filled out completely to be considered for an award – online application below or download PDF.
- Include letter(s) of recommendation(s) from employer, manager, colleague co-worker or client on company letterhead.
- All incomplete applications will be returned unprocessed; there are no exceptions for late or incomplete applications.
- Applications must be received by December 1, 2018.
Awards will be given on a competitive basis to qualified applicants. A judging panel composed of the NSCA Education Foundation Board will select award recipients based upon the following: presentation of application, work experience and strength of letters of recommendation. Applications and supporting documentation become property of the NSCA Education Foundation and will not be returned to the applicant.
- Applicants will be notified of their award status no later than December 15, 2018.
- Awards are distributed once an acknowledgment or thank-you letter has been received from the recipient.
- Award will cover the registration fee to attend NSCA’s BLC. Travel and accommodations expenses will be the responsibility of the award winner.
Send completed application and supporting documents:
NSCA Education Foundation
3950 River Ridge Drive NE, Suite B
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Attn: Teresa Solorio
OR by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Randy Vaughan Business & Leadership Conference Award Application
Required fields indicated with “*”.