Whether they’re for internal or external use, using templates and forms can offer several benefits:
- Time and money savings. Creating, writing, and editing these documents every time you need them is costly and time-consuming. Employees who could be completing other critical tasks instead spend a lot of time repeating similar tasks. When using readymade documents that allow you to just fill in certain fields, time spent is brought down to a minimum.
- Reduce errors. When certain information is always ready on a form or document, that eliminates the opportunity for human error. Instead of having to type in your company name, phone number, and website address each time, those fields can be provided correctly once and will remain the same each time the template is used.
- Encourage consistency. When the forms and templates from your company all have a similar look and feel, it makes them easier to read. It also helps customers learn what to expect from you, and improves the level of professionalism you convey.
- Maintain company branding. If logos and colors are implemented correctly the first time, you’ll never have to worry about whether the most recent version is being used, or whether you selected the right color of green for a header.
There are several ways to create internal templates. You can ask employees to develop them, you can hire a third party to create them for you, or you could start with the forms and templates already available to you in our Essentials Online Library.
You’ll find all kinds of internal and external business plans, forms, and templates, including:
- AIA sample documents
- Maintenance agreements
- Sales installation agreements
- Budget templates
- Capital request forms
- System checklists
- Compensation plans
- HR policies and handbooks
- Employee agreements
- Org charts
- Performance appraisals
- Press releases
Visit our Essentials Online Library today and download what you need!
Image by ddpavumba