March 1, 2019
This upcoming NSCA member meeting serves as the annual business meeting of your organization as per the bylaws. It is extremely important to have an authorized representative from your company attend (no proxy provisions).
The state of NSCA – your association – will be presented, along with discussion on the following topics of major concern. We plan to present, ratify, and document position statements on many of these issues.
- A leadership report on the 2019 dues structure and new inclusive membership packages.
- NSCA’s position on conflicting code requirements or prioritizing vague code or specification language to establish clarity on which code takes precedence.
- A report on the adoption of NSCA best practices for IP protection, end-user licensing language, and post-warranty-period liability for integrators.
- A statement of concern for members about risk management and the integration of non-code-compliant devices to CSA/UL Listed or NFPA code-approved systems.
- Guidance on legislative changes, licensure concerns, new standards, the current regulatory environment, and other adopted or proposed design and installation requirements impacting systems integrators.
- A report on the impact of emerging technologies, such as IoT, PoE, and cloud-enabled solutions along with new regulatory capture efforts, adjacent industry trade jurisdiction and public policy will impact our future involvement.
We will seek a motion to adopt report findings and ask for members’ support of these professional methods and practices to improve NSCA and each member company.
Even if you’ve never attended an NSCA member meeting in the past, we encourage you to attend this one. The crucial business issues being discussed will impact the future of our industry and your organization.