Six integration firms have been named winners in the Excellence in Business Awards and will be honored at the 25th annual Business & Leadership Conference
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA, Feb. 24, 2023 — NSCA, the leading not-for-profit association representing the commercial integration industry, is excited to announce the winners of the 2023 Excellence in Business Awards in six categories:
- Business Performance: Branch AV, Nepean, ON
- Customer Experience: PIVIUM, Phoenix, AZ
- Differentiating Strategies: Basepoint Building Automations, Des Moines, IA
- Employee Engagement: Vitel Communications, Amarillo, TX
- Strategic Transformation: Pavion, Chantilly, VA
- Talent Development: Radiant Technology Group, Lewis Center, OH
“Year after year, we’re continually amazed by the innovative ways our members develop new relationships, create new business, and keep up with a changing industry. This year is no exception. These companies set the bar high for integrators that are working to improve their businesses,” says NSCA Executive Director Tom LeBlanc.
This year’s Excellence in Business Awards honor six integrators in their successful efforts to adapt to the constantly changing industry while improving business:
- Branch AV, winner in the Business Performance category, has taken a more unified approach to how it conducts business. To create a seamless interaction between software platforms and create business efficiencies, Branch AV developed software integration solutions and created a cloud-based dashboard that allows each department to view objectives and real-time progress toward meeting them.
- PIVIUM, winner in the Customer Experience category, redefined its Client Experience team to better serve clientele. This helps position the company for growth in the healthcare market and beyond. To further improve the customer experience, PIVIUM also expanded its ProAV division so it’s prepared to tackle projects and service requests outside its legacy business. The PIVIUM Partner Portal, also implemented in 2022, improves communication with service partners to ensure timely, successful delivery of client requests.
- Basepoint Building Automations, winner in the Differentiating Strategies category, recently renamed and rebranded its organization while undergoing a remarkable transformation in terms of people, process, mindset, and action. The company incorporated EOS (the Entrepreneurial Operating System) as the foundation of change, which helped define core values, accountability, and structure to build from. These changes have also improved the company’s efforts to continuously improve, recruit top talent, retain and grow customer relationships, and achieve marked growth.
- Vitel Communications, winner in the Employee Engagement category, successfully implemented processes and procedures that mirror its core values, effectively creating a corporate culture of employee empowerment. Through the creation of internal teams, employees are empowered to build, develop, and manage their teams independently to allow for hyper-focused team building, increased comradery, and overall team growth.
- Pavion, winner in the Strategic Transformation category, wanted to rise to a new level of breadth and depth when it came to services. Customer demand was increasing for diversified yet tightly integrated offerings across and within business units. This aligned with Pavion’s transformation from a Mid-Atlantic systems integrator to a global systems integration powerhouse operating across 22 countries and 40+ U.S. locations to deliver differentiated solutions, services, and business outcomes. At the same time, the company enhanced the customer experience; generated meteoric revenue growth and geo expansion; launched new HRIS, CRM, and financial reporting tools; and harmonized benefits and compensation plans.
- Radiant Technology Group, winner in the Talent Development category, created a new hiring mindset to support innovation and continued success. A client request to drive uptime for digital signage in a mission-critical environment spurred the creation of a Development & Innovation team, which combines developers and creative resources. Instead of designing and building each system to meet the requirements of clients—and making technical staff available after problems are reported—the team wanted to be proactive by building not only systems, but also enterprise ecosystems. As a result, Radiant Technology began hiring team members with IT backgrounds who could also support AV applications. This has enabled the company to adapt to changing client expectations and quickly pivot to expand services when needs arise.
These six Excellence in Business award winners will be recognized at NSCA’s sold-out 25th annual Business & Leadership Conference (BLC), Feb. 28-March 2, 2023, in Irving, TX. During a panel discussion, the winners will be joined on stage by BLC platinum media sponsor Vistacom, Commercial Integrator’s reigning Integrator of the Year. To learn more, visit www.nsca.org/blc.
The National Systems Contractors Association (NSCA) is the leading not-for-profit association representing the commercial integration industries. The National Systems Contractors Association is a powerful advocate for all who work in the integration industry, including systems contractors/integrators, product manufacturers, consultants, sales representatives, architects, specifying engineers and other allied professionals. NSCA is dedicated to serving its contractor members and all channel stakeholders through advocacy, education, member services, and networking designed to improve business performance. For more information, visit www.nsca.org.