CEDAR RAPIDS, IA, Feb. 25, 2019 — NSCA, the leading not-for-profit association representing the commercial low-voltage electronic systems industry, is excited to announce the winners of the 2019 Excellence in Business awards in five categories:
- Customer Experience: Beacon Communications, Englewood, CO
- Differentiating Strategies: Horizon AVL, Blackwood, NJ
- Employee Engagement: Spinitar, La Mirada, CA
- Strategic Transformation: Vistacom, Allentown, PA
- Talent Development: Innovative Collaboration, Winter Park, FL
“Every year during this process, we’re more and more impressed by the new strategies and initiatives that innovative companies of all sizes are taking on to create new business and keep up with industry shifts. There are some great lessons to be learned from these leaders,” says NSCA Executive Director Chuck Wilson.
This year’s Excellence in Business awards honor five systems integration firms in their efforts to adapt to the constantly changing industry:
- Beacon Communications, winner in the Customer Experience category, has always been focused on customer service as one of its four core values. Over the past year, the company has refined its approach and continues to improve upon the customer experience. Prior to beginning each day, the team discusses what they can do to improve client experiences. In some cases, when Beacon Communications isn’t able to gain access to the guidelines it sets forth for success, it passes on those opportunities. This helps ensure that every client experience is positive.
- Horizon AVL, winner in the Differentiating Strategies category, launched a new division – eSports Integration – after a higher-education client asked for direction and development in this market. Not only does Horizon AVL address the AV needs of events and arenas in this market, but it also helps clients build successful teams, launch marketing, and increase knowledge of the esports industry.
- Spinitar, winner in the Employee Engagement category, believes that the best customer experiences are possible when employees are enjoying their work. With the launch of its Chairman’s Club event, Spinitar takes top sales performers, teams, and employees of the quarter – along with significant others – to an all-inclusive resort to celebrate success. Quarterly breakfast meetings keep all employees in the know about news and company initiatives while birthdays and work anniversaries are celebrated monthly to create a positive work environment.
- Vistacom, winner in the Strategic Transformation category, has steadily experienced growth while being a smaller integration firm. A big part of its success has been the transformation of its managed services offerings. Throughout the last year, Vistacom enhanced these serivces to include training programs, 24/7 help desk services, design consulting, and remote management, monitoring, and diagnostics. Through its remote management services, Vistacom becomes a true member of its customers’ teams, taking full responsibility for system health and functionality. By connecting these systems to the cloud, Vistacom can fix, repair, update, and manage them to eliminate downtime and let clients focus on other important initiatives. Over the past year, more than 10% of Vistacom’s revenue came from managed services – and this number continues to grow.
- Innovative Collaboration, winner in the Talent Development category, was inspired by NSCA’s Ignite program to refocus its efforts on finding young talent with drive and determination – and making sure onboarding is customized based on the needs and talents of each individual. At Innovative Collaboration, career development comes after an employee has worked with the team for a few months and discovered underlying interests and talents. In the last year, for example, an employee hired as a tech discovered his talent for 3D modeling. After going through company-supported training, this employee now programs and prints parts.
Award winners will be recognized at NSCA’s 21st annual Business & Leadership Conference, Feb. 27-March 1, 2019, in Tampa, FL. To learn more, visit www.nsca.org/blc.
The National Systems Contractors Association (NSCA) is the leading not-for-profit association representing the commercial low-voltage electronic systems industry. NSCA is a powerful advocate for all who work within the low-voltage industry, including systems contractors/integrators, product manufacturers, consultants, sales representatives, architects, specifying engineers, and other allied professionals. NSCA is dedicated to serving its contractor members and all channel stakeholders through advocacy, education, member services, and networking designed to improve business performance. For more information, visit www.nsca.org.