The author of Leadership Isn’t for Cowards — who was a big hit at 2020 Business & Leadership Conference — will kick off Pivot to Profit Virtual with an updated message about leading in turbulent times.
When Mike Staver addressed integrators for the first time, it was just before the North American market became entrenched in the COVID-19 crisis. His closing keynote at NSCA’s Business & Leadership Conference on Feb. 28, 2020, was likely the last in-person presentation many integration company leaders attended. NSCA members took Staver’s inspiring leadership message back to their offices – and then were faced with unpredictable challenges stemming from COVID-19.
Staver will reconvene with integrators when he delivers the opening keynote at NSCA’s 2020 Pivot to Profit Virtual, which takes place on Sept. 22-23.
The keynote, “The Leadership Challenge During the Most Unpredictable Time Ever,” zeroes in on integration company leaders’ unique obstacles.
“I’m excited to talk to the audience about not what’s changed, but the practical things we need to deal with,” Staver says.
“How do we balance needs to keep the business safe with keeping the business moving forward. What is a leader’s part in that?”
Company leaders are struggling with “how to remain relevant in a world that’s constantly shifting,” he adds. “I’m really excited to be able to give the group some very specific steps and actionable items they can use immediately when Pivot to Profit Virtual is over.”
Indeed, the integration industry is faced with trying to predict the future in the middle of a whirlwind. We face key questions on how to staff to meet client expectations, how to deliver advanced services in uncertain times, and how and where to find revenue to finish this year strong – and go into 2021 stronger. This session offers valuable tips for integration company leaders.
“The timing to bring Mike back is perfect. His message on the psychological impact on our workforce is so profound,” says Chuck Wilson, NSCA executive director. “Strong leadership during crisis situations is crucial, especially as we look forward. He was fantastic at BLC; while not our typical P2P presenter, we felt that the level of stress, mental fatigue, and engagement issues members are reporting has made it necessary to bring Mike back. Plus, we all get to experience the remarkable presentation skills of the recently acclaimed, No.1 trainer in the world, according to Training Magazine. This is truly a must-attend session.”
From Staver, 2020 P2Pv attendees will learn:
- The four stages of crisis and how to adapt your leadership
- Why a return to normal is unlikely – and what to focus on instead
- How to diagnose and treat the aftermath of a storm, turbulence, or crisis
- The steps to managing the effects on you
NSCA 2020 Pivot to Profit Virtual
Pivot to Profit Virtual (P2Pv) is the low-voltage integration market’s original and leading business transformation event. Although business transformation is always an important priority for the evolving integration market, the stakes are even higher in 2020. NSCA’s 2020 P2Pv is well positioned to support integration companies as they recover from the impact of the crisis and reposition for success in an evolving market.
The theme for 2020 P2Pv is: “Accelerating Change to Reboot Your Business.”
P2Pv content is focused on helping companies through their recovery and repositioning for new market demands. Topics include:
- Rebuilding Revenue: Integration companies saw revenue streams dry up during the COVID-19 pandemic. P2Pv content zeros in on company leaders’ No. 1 concern: rebuilding revenue and identifying revenue strategies for 2021.
- Emerging Technologies: At the heart of P2Pv content are the technology solutions that move the integration market forward. The business-focused event ties emerging tech products to revenue strategies.
- Litigation Readiness: Running an integration business in the post-COVID-19 era carries new legal concerns. P2Pv content educates leaders on avoiding and preparing for potential litigation.
- Jobsite Logistics: Any post-COVID-19 reboot plan should include new policies and project management processes for jobsite health and safety precautions. P2Pv content has you covered.
- Recalibrating Business Processes: Human resources, sales engagement, group gatherings – these are just examples of business elements that require revisiting post-COVID-19. P2Pv offers guidance.
- Scaling Up (and Down): Some NSCA member companies may be scaling their businesses up to take advantage of new customer demands, but many are scaling down post-COVID-19. P2Pv provides advice.
Registration for the two-day event is $99. Registration is available for on-demand viewing at any time or live participation. For more information, contact NSCA at 800.446.6722 or visit here.