Mike Staver, author of Leadership Isn’t for Cowards, offers guidance for company leaders trying to navigate the COVID-19 crisis in this free webinar.
As company leaders deal with the COVID-19 crisis, Staver is offering a webinar to provide guidance in dealing with these unprecedented challenges. NSCA members in need of some advice – and who isn’t? – should check out this webinar.
Webinar Takeaways from NSCA’s Team:
- Staver’s tips, while appropriate during the COVID-19 crisis, are universally relevant.
- There are too many “can’ts” in our culture’s lexicon. “One day we will die, but on the other days we will not” – an excellent motivational point by Staver.
- It’s important to stay as connected as possible. Those that do during this crisis will be better off in the long run.
- There is little time to worry. If you’re a worrier, actually schedule in a short amount of time per week to worry.
- Taking in too much news and coverage of the COVID-19 crisis is like “sipping on poison.”
- Constantly evaluate your own motives. Why are you taking the steps you’re taking – and do you feel good about it?
- It’s critical to 1.) Be rationally prepared; 2.) Be future focused; 3.) Avoid speculation; 4.) Be grounded in reality.
- This will not last forever.
More on Leading in Times of Crisis:
If there was ever a time when leadership matters, it’s now. Uncertainty, anxiety and confusion are everywhere. Your followers are figuring out how to navigate a new world. They need a leader who sees the world accurately, responds appropriately and leads them forward. You must lead them. This is your opportunity to help them see how they can navigate this unprecedented period in human history.
- What all leaders must do in times of crisis
- The four things followers need now more than ever
- The three things you should focus on
- How to help your followers stay calm and productive