Over the next few months, we’ll take an inside look at how the NSCA 2018 Excellence in Business award winners have adapted to our constantly changing industry. The story of JKL Technologies is next on the list. For its ability to refocus its client offerings and become a strategic advisor, JKL Technologies was named an NSCA 2018 Excellence in Business award winner in the Customer Experience category.
Originally founded as an IT solutions firm in 1995, JKL Technologies was expanding into AV services. Based upon its experiences in IT, the company knew that not only did its customers need help choosing the right technologies to invest in – but that their success also depends on the acceptance and adoption of the new technology.
The faster this transition is welcomed by the organization, the quicker they’ll be able to see a return on their investment. In nearly every project, however, it’s typical for some end-users to be open to change while others take a while to warm up to the new technology.
To help speed up the timeline of successful adoption, JKL Technologies created what it calls a Hypercare plan for its customers. Staff members follow five key principles to help create positive client experiences and encourage faster, more successful technology deployment and acceptance:
- Training: Instead of asking customers to read detailed manuals or sit through highly structured, lengthy training sessions, training is offered in formats that are flexible and adaptable based on client preferences.
- Communication: Essential technology tips are communicated regularly to customers, as well as the various options available for them to request assistance with their AV technology.
- Proactive Assistance: In a typical meeting, customers should be concerned about the meeting content – not the technology used to support the meeting. When JKL Technologies can be in the right place at the right time (essentially being able to provide help in the room at the time of the meeting), end-users feel more confident in using the technology.
- Near-Immediate Support: In cases where proactive presence isn’t possible, near-immediate support (within two to three minutes) is still available and accessible quickly to prevent meeting disruption.
- Highly Accessible Expertise: For end-users who prefer to plan in more detail, JKL provides resources that can offer clients advice when it comes to the use and selection of the right collaboration tools.
Every piece of the Hypercare program acts as component of the puzzle, ultimately leading to higher end-user satisfaction and acceptance levels. This onboarding period can be extended or shortened based upon the environment, the components and technology being used, and client comfort levels.
“The results over the past three years speak for themselves,” says Maureen Borodin, strategic accounts director at JKL Technologies. In fact, the Hypercare program has been so well received that, last year, the company saw an interesting trend unfold: Clients were asking for Hypercare technology adoption services even when JKL Technologies hadn’t been chosen as the project’s technology integrator.
Check back soon, as we continue to reveal how the 2018 NSCA Excellence in Business award winners made business changes to adapt to our constantly changing industry. You’ll also read stories from: