About NSCA Education Foundation
The mission of the NSCA Education Foundation is to advance educational opportunities by providing scholarships and awards to assist existing professionals and those pursuing careers within the low-voltage electronic systems integration industry. The foundation is committed to the growth of the industry by providing access to the best education and latest techniques available. The NSCA Education Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, promotes and engages current and future electronic systems integrators in educational experiences to enhance the growth, professionalism and business skills needed in the electronic systems industry. For more information, visit www.nscafoundation.org.
About Hester Scholarship Program
The Hester Scholarship Program was introduced in February 2016, by Michael and Kiffie Hester. The mission of the Hester Scholarship Program is to attract and recruit veterans to the communications, security, life safety, entertainment technologies and electronic systems industry.
This scholarship was established specifically for veterans who are just entering the workforce and would like to be trained to enter the electronic systems industry in one of its many chosen career paths.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicant must have completed and received a high school diploma or the equivalent of a high school diploma (GED).
- Applicant must be able to show proof that he/she is a U.S. veteran (a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable).
- Completed application form – online application below or download PDF. (The application must be filled out completely to be considered. All incomplete applications will be returned unprocessed.)
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members, career counselors, electronics industry professionals, advisors/mentors, apprenticeship supervisors, current or former employers, or military commanders/leaders/supervisors on official letterhead.
- Proof that applicant is a U.S. veteran (a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable).
- Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis to qualified veterans who have a high school diploma and military experience.
- A scholarship judging panel, composed of industry leaders, will select award recipients based upon:
- Presentation of application (spelling, punctuation, etc.)
- Work/military experience
- Strength of letters of recommendation.
- Applicants will be notified of their award status via email.
- Scholarship awards are distributed once an acknowledgment of acceptance has been received from the recipient and the program of choice has been selected.
- Award amount may be up to $1000 (applicable for payment of program fees and certification testing only).
- Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the accredited schools (distance-learning or online programs affiliated with a major U.S. institution are eligible) or to ESPA (the Electronic Systems Professional Alliance) and administered by the NSCA Education Foundation.
- Approved veterans receiving scholarship funds will get recognition in publications from NSCA, CEDIA, CTA or ESPA based upon their desired career path.
Hester Scholarship Program Application
Required fields indicated with “*”.