Are there certain roles that your existing team doesn’t have the resources or the time to handle? Whether your integration firm is large or small, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by the never-ending list of tasks associated with running a business.
Sometimes you get so wrapped up in what needs to be done that you forget this one important point: You don’t have to do it all!
If you left some of the day-to-day, back-office tasks to the pros – or new projects that don’t warrant another employee – would you have more time to focus on generating income?
There are services and software packages available to help integrators that want to outsource certain tasks and responsibilities. Outsourcing to a subcontractor can:
- Save the burden of paying overhead associated with payroll taxes and health insurance
- Address growing space constraints of an all-in-house staff
- Bring a new level of expertise to the table and make up for lack of in-house skills
- Allow you to focus on strategy vs. administrative tasks
- Help you save money in the right situations
According to CBIZ, the types of outsourced tasks and responsibilities that often work well fall into three categories:
- Specialized knowledge (IT, marketing, etc.)
- Highly repetitive tasks (data entry, accounts payable, etc.)
- Highly skilled, executive-level expertise (oversight of financial tasks, etc.)
Over the next few weeks, we’ll talk in detail about a few responsibilities in human resources, marketing, and licensing that you could consider delegating to the pros, as well as information on how NSCA can help you get the right solutions in place.
Image by: sheelamohan