BLC 2021 AWARDS
Excellence in Product Innovation Awards
Take advantage of early-bird pricing! Save $50 per entry by submitting payment by the end of the day on Dec. 11, 2020.
Nominations are being accepted for the 2021 Excellence in Product Innovation Awards!
Any manufacturer that produces products for installation by integrators in the commercial space is eligible for this award. Industry manufacturers may nominate their own products; integrators may also submit nominations for products that have had a significant effect on installations.
One winner will be named in each of the following categories, along with one overall Grand Prize Winner:
- Trailblazing Innovation: products that symbolize bold research and development to reshape our industry
- Technology Platform: platforms for manufacturers to build from and push the industry forward
- Retrofit-/Installer-Friendly: products that reduce installation time and secure profit margins
- New Revenue Potential: products that offer ways for integrators to add value through new offerings
- Recurring Revenue Potential: solutions that make it easier for integrators to expand their managed services offerings
- Ease of Customization: products that excel at interoperability and allow integrators to add value with custom solutions
Additional considerations will be made during the judging process in regard to how the product impacts the user experience (i.e. scalability, versatility, deployment cost, ease of use, ROI, ADA compliance, energy efficiency, etc.) The judging panel will consist of an editor from Commercial Integrator magazine, an NSCA staff member, and integrator members from NSCA's Emerging Technologies Committee. Judging feedback can be provided on your product upon request.
Entries are being accepted through January 15, 2021. Winners will be announced at NSCA’s annual Business & Leadership Conference!
Traditionally, NSCA’s annual Excellence in Business awards honor systems integration firms and their efforts to implement new strategies to navigate the constantly changing industry. The stakes were raised even higher over the past year due to business challenges spurred by the pandemic.
NSCA is recognizing the uniqueness of 2020-2021 by introducing the Stepping Up awards, which will be unveiled at the 23rd annual Business & Leadership Conference, February 24-25, 2021. We identify integration firms that rose to the occasion when faced with daunting business challenges.
With a strong pulse on the industry, NSCA will select one winner from each of these categories based upon careful examination of notable performance and advanced strategies being used:
- Customer Experience (finding ways to be there for customers when they need them most)
- Employee Engagement (implementing solutions for keeping sprawling, uniquely-challenged workforces productive and positive)
- Community Outreach (going beyond keeping the doors open and taking steps to help those in need)
- Agility (recognizing a rapidly changing market, recognizing how to serve customers’ evolving needs and adapting)
- Achievement (against odds in a brutal market, case studies in business growth and measured success over the past year)
Winners will be recognized at the BLC and will also be featured in NSCA newsletters, press releases, e-mails, and magazine articles.
Applications will be accepted until January 17, 2021. Winners will be notified by February 2, 2021. No cost to apply.
Optimizing every area of your business!
“This event gives us the chance to meet with and learn from our customers and helps us build better products. It's key to our business.” - Chaz Porter, FSR Inc.