St. Louis, Missouri – Belden, a leading global supplier of network infrastructure solutions, is excited to announce the launch of its DCX System, an innovative, high-density, end-to-end fiber infrastructure solution with built-in futureproof functionality for any data center. It provides extremely high fiber termination density in a small footprint, with 3,840* terminations per DCX cabinet, 1,280 terminated fibers per square foot.
The DCX System is designed to maximize signal integrity through bend radius control for incoming and outgoing cables. Patch cord access is made simple with pull-out trays and plenty of clearance around each connector. The DCX System also supports many fiber termination methods and migration from any combination of 8- or 12-fiber pre-terminated adapter frames without infrastructure changes.
As an end-to-end fiber infrastructure solution, the DCX System includes:
- Space-saving optical distribution frame front-access cabinets that are completely configurable and scalable by assembling side by side and/or back-to-back
- Cabinet components, including additional cable entry brackets and patch cord telescopic spools, that are simple to install to dress incoming cables and patch cords
- Optical distribution frame housings that are available in left-to-right and right-to-left configurations, with a front-access design that pulls out for easy access to cables
- The adapter frames and cassettes maximize ROI by migrating networking technologies in the same housing such as the assembly of two (Base-24), four (Base-12) or six (Base-8) cassettes per housing tray
- Rack-mount patch panel housings available in 1U, 2U and 4U configurations that are compatible with all DCX Cassettes and Adapter Frames
“Fiber usage is increasing in many environments, including data centers, broadcast environments and large venues and stadiums, to support higher density and emerging technologies,” says Benoit Chevarie, global product manager for connectivity at Belden. “The DCX System provides a way to effectively manage growing numbers of fiber connections to ensure uptime and efficient operation and maintenance.”
To learn more about the DCX System and managing high-density fiber connections, visit www.belden.com/DCX.
*Other termination models available outside of the United States
Belden Inc. delivers the infrastructure that makes the digital journey simpler, smarter and more secure. We’re moving beyond connectivity—from what we make to what we make possible through a performance-driven portfolio, forward-thinking expertise and purpose-built solutions. With a legacy of quality and reliability spanning 120-plus years, we have a strong foundation to continue building the future. We are headquartered in St. Louis and have manufacturing capabilities in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa. For more information, visit us at www.belden.com; follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
|For more information, contact:
Marketing Communications Manager
Belden, the Belden logo, Belden Horizon, Hirschmann, and Lumberg Automation are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc. or its affiliated companies in the United States and other jurisdictions. Belden and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.