Per Haugen Lifetime Achievement Award
Tom Frericks Jr., who served on the NSCA board of directors for 11 years, is the recipient of the 2018 Per Haugen Lifetime Achievement Award. Frericks joined Copp Integrated Systems in Dayton, OH, in 1976, purchasing Copp in 1983 as its second owner.
NSCA Education Foundation Founders Award
The late John Stiernberg is the recipient of the 2018 NSCA Education Foundation Founders Award. As cofounder of Stiernberg Consulting – a long-time NSCA partner – in 1993, he and his wife, Jeanne, quickly established themselves as leading consultants and researchers for the integration industry. Stiernberg lost his courageous battle with cancer in November 2017.
Volunteers of the Year Award
The Volunteer of the Year Award for 2018 is being given, individually and collectively, to the musicians and technical crew that make up industry-famous The Drunk Unkles. Steve Emspak, Marc Hochlerin, Mike Sinclair, Lisa Wenger, John Cardone, Mike Phillips, and Felix Robinson have rocked for more than a decade to raise money for the NSCA Education Foundation.
Board Service Award
Board Service Award
MAC Partner of the Year
Navigate Management Consulting
Business Accelerator of the Year
Excellence in Product Innovation Awards
Winners were named in each of the following categories, along with an additional overall Grand Prize Winner. The 2018 winners are:
- Ease of Customization: Shure SystemOn Audio Asset Management Software
- Retrofit/Installer-Friendly: Cambridge Sound Management Qt® Active Emitter, Fusion Edition
- New Revenue Potential: Razberi CameraDefense
- Recurring Revenue Potential: Videxio Professional Video Calls
- Technology Platform (new category in 2018): Crestron Electronics DigitalMedia
- Trailblazing Innovation (new category in 2018): Nureva HDL300 Audio Conferencing System
- Overall Grand Prize Winner: Middle Atlantic Proximity Series Sliding Mounting Plate
Excellence in Business Awards
NSCA is excited to announce the winners of the 2018 Excellence in Business awards in six categories:
- Business Performance: Infinity Sound, Grand Prairie, TX
- Customer Experience: JKL Technologies, Newbury Park, CA
- Differentiating Strategies: ET Group, Toronto, ON
- Employee Engagement: Avidex, Bellevue, WA
- Strategic Transformation: Tech Electronics, St. Louis, MO
- Talent Development: Bluewater Technologies, Southfield, MI
Randy Vaughan Founder’s Awards
Congratulations to the 2018 Randy Vaughan Founder’s Award winners!
These awards, in honor of Vaughan’s commitment to the systems integration community, are given to qualified applicants of systems integration companies interested in attending the Business & Leadership Conference (BLC) for the first time.
This honor represents the NSCA Education Foundation’s mission to provide ongoing training to current system integration professionals.
Randy Vaughan was a charter member of NSCA, and served on the NSCA Board of Directors from 1997-2008, including a two-year term as president beginning in 2005. Additionally, he served as an instructor for NSCA University™ for more than 12 years, and was named its Educator of the Year in 2007. He also served as chairman of the NSCA Education Committee for a number of years. His greatest accomplishments for NSCA include the creation of NSCA University and the Business & Leadership Conference, as well as his role as a subject matter expert and content developer for the industry.