Lifetime Achievement Award – Michael Hester
Education Foundation Founders Award – Steve Emspak
CI Integrator of the Year – Solutionz, Inc.
Volunteer of the Year – Nate Ross
Business Accelerator of the Year – TrueNorth Companies
MAC Partner of the Year – Enterprise Performance Consulting
Randy Vaughan Founder’s Award Winners
These awards, in honor of Vaughan’s commitment to the systems integration community, are given to qualified applicants of systems integration companies interested in attending the Business & Leadership Conference (BLC) for the first time. They allow awardees to attend BLC and have their registration fees waived. The conference is attended by seasoned as well as up-and-coming industry managers, owners, and executives.
Twenty-five (25) awards were given for the 2020 conference held Feb. 26-28, 2020, in Irving, Texas.
This honor represents the NSCA Education Foundation’s mission to provide ongoing training to current system integration professionals.
Randy Vaughan was a charter member of NSCA, and served on the NSCA Board of Directors from 1997-2008, including a two-year term as president beginning in 2005. Additionally, he served as an instructor for NSCA University™ for more than 12 years, and was named its Educator of the Year in 2007. He also served as chairman of the NSCA Education Committee for a number of years. His greatest accomplishments for NSCA include the creation of NSCA University and the Business & Leadership Conference, as well as his role as a subject matter expert and content developer for the industry.
Excellence in Product Innovation Award Winners
Any manufacturer that produces products for installation by integrators in the commercial space is eligible for this award. Industry manufacturers may nominate their own products; integrators may also submit nominations for products that have had a significant effect on installations.
Winners were named in each of the following categories, including an overall Grand Prize Winner:
- Ease of Customization: Roland VR-50HD MK II
- New Revenue Potential: Da-Lite Parallax® Stratos 1.0
- Recurring Revenue Potential: Crestron Flex
- Retrofit/Installer-Friendly: FSR Smart-Way Raceway System
- Technology Platform: BrightSign BSN.cloud
- Trail-Blazing Innovation: Digital Projection INSIGHT 4K HFR 360
- Overall Grand Prize Winner: Mersive Technologies Active Learning System
Excellence in Business Award Winners
NSCA’s Excellence in Business awards honor systems integration firms and their efforts to implement new strategies to navigate the constantly changing industry. We identify integration firms that understand the importance of innovative, forward-thinking ideas.
NSCA, the leading not-for-profit association representing the commercial low-voltage electronic systems industry, is excited to announce the winners of the 2020 Excellence in Business awards in six categories:
- Customer Experience: AV Solutions, Baton Rouge, LA
- Talent Development: Hillman AV Inc., Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Differentiating Strategies: CEC (Communications Engineering Company), Cedar Rapids, IA
- Employee Engagement: HB Communications, North Haven, CT
- Business Performance: Corbett Technology Solutions, Inc. (CTSI), Chantilly, VA
- Strategic Transformation: Constant Technologies, Inc., North Kingstown, RI