In this 2020 Pivot to Profit Virtual (P2Pv) session, panelists pushed the boundaries of a traditional integrator’s role, posed new opportunities, and proposed a new value proposition for AV and security integrators to offer customers.
2020 P2Pv Presenters:
- Tim Hennen, CTO at IVCi & NSCA Emerging Technologies Committee Chair
- Harry Aller, CTO at Innovative Lighting
- Chris Leonard, Global Lead for Ametek
- Ed Jankowski, President at Liberty AV Solutions
Don’t Sit Back. Continually Innovate.
Led by NSCA’s Emerging Technologies Committee, this 2020 P2Pv session didn’t cover pie-in-the-sky technologies. The panelists focused on currently available solutions that aren’t necessarily part of traditional integrator offerings.
But maybe they should be. That was the topic of discussion, tapping into:
- How surveillance and network data on buying habits, traffic flow, and behavior patterns can provide value to customers
- The critical importance of monitoring employee workflow and movement
- Whether integrators can incorporate machines and technology into their offerings that think and crunch data like humans
- Technologies like AI, VR, machine learning, and predictability tools
“I think the conversation helped integrators because we pushed the boundaries of the traditional integrator role,” says moderator Tim Hennen, CTO of IVCi and chair of NSCA’s Emerging Technologies Committee. “There are new opportunities specifically for integrators to break out of their traditional disciplines and be leaders for workplace technology.”
Hennen challenges security integrators to look at opportunities to provide health and safety solutions by “integrating AI, occupancy tracking, and other solutions rooted in tech with feature sets that push their system’s importance beyond traditional stakeholders.”
He challenges AV integrators to look at the opportunity to rethink the workplace and “move beyond integrating complicated closed systems and look at how they can impact end-users’ workplace experiences by leveraging IoT devices and enhanced integrations.”
The panel also discussed ways to enhance design, visualization, and support models leveraging APIs, QR codes, and VR solutions—good ways to show integrators how tangible these solutions are and that it’s time to engage them.
Watch the entire on-demand session to learn more.