NSCA offers a variety of volunteer opportunities no matter your interest or passion. Our councils and committees are a great way to network with other industry professionals facing challenges similar to yours and learn what works for them. Plus, NSCA volunteers are the first to hear about and take advantage of new member benefits, classes and events, which can give you a head up on the competition.
Is there something NSCA could do or create that would help you solve problems, save time or make money? Let us know – many of our member benefits were ideas that came from volunteers! Volunteers add new insights, energy and strength to our association. Get involved today to start making a difference in the industry, your company and your career. Here’s what members are saying about their volunteer experiences at NSCA:
- “It sounds trite, but you will benefit far more than the time you invest. Your volunteer time will expose you to a variety of people and fresh ideas. I always come away from a volunteer opportunity with NSCA reinvigorated with fresh ideas and enthusiasm about what we do.”
Todd Lucy, COO, South Western Communications
NSCA volunteer since 2001
- “Networking is the key. The people with NSCA and the contacts you can make (are) unbelievable. It’s a great network to move forward in business.”
Elias Mack, production manager, Communication Specialists Inc.
NSCA volunteer since 2005
- “(Volunteering) makes you better educated and you can help your own company. You’re able to see other people in the industry, where you stack up against the industry, and meet and experience other people’s ideas and thoughts. Now I have a lot of friends and peers that I contact.”
Brian Zaremba, account manager, cTec (Center Line Technologies, Inc.)
NSCA volunteer since 2004
NSCA needs you. The integrators of today and tomorrow need you. Here are just a few ways you can get involved by joining one of our committees or councils:
- Knowledgeable about certification? Help write exam questions on the Credentialing Council.
- Love to write? Pen expert articles for publication, surveys, emails and research.
- Hope to mentor? Help someone in the industry.
- Relish fundraising and grant writing? Jump on board our Education Foundation.
- Savor sharing your experience? Become a subject matter expert.
- Interested in helping advance the industry through continuing education? Sit on the Education Committee.
- Are you a consultant? Consider the Consultants Council to provide your feedback.
There are many ways to get more involved in NSCA. Contact us at 800.446.6722 or 319.366.6722 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find a volunteer opportunity that fits your interests and schedule. We look forward to working with you!